Friday, November 8, 2013

What Is Love?

It's not a been there, done that thing.

Love is not just about being in a relationship, being someone's boyfriend or girlfriend, being married and having a family. There's more to it than just that. And I just realized that recently.

Love is all about the person you love. You become selfless, you think of that person's happiness more than you think of yours and sacrifices are made. It's all about being there at the very beginning and wanting to be there until the end. You always wanna see that person, you always wanna be with that person, you wanna do everything or anything together. And you love every bit second you spend with them whatever it is that you're doing. You always miss that person even if you just saw each other two hours ago. They are the first thing that you think when you wake up and the last thing you think before you sleep. And you can see your life with them, your future life and it's not weird at all. And you really feel the feeling of love when that person you love loves you back. It's something you don't really feel often, but when you do, you'll know it's love.

But sometimes, love has its own way. Not becuase you love that person, that person loves you back, too. Or not because you both love each other, you can just be together. Love has its own way. And if it's real, then nothing can break you two apart whatever the situation is and you don't have to rush for it because you both have your whole life to spend with each other.

About 3 years ago, I was really down, stressed and felt like shit. What brought me up was when I read these words and act upon it, make it my motto in life, which states something like "Take risks, take a lot of chances and make every moment count. Live in the moment and have fun."
My life changed. I accepted my past and didn't care about my future. I was living at the moment. And I was really enjoying every second of it. Even until now, I try to enjoy what  I have right now and don't care about what's gonna happen next. And then there's love. And I find myself breaking my motto in life. Can I really wait a year just for a girl? Can I really limit myself even though I don't have to? Is this really worth it? Is she worth it?

I didn't even think twice, the answer was simply a YES even before it came out of my mouth. Even my ownself can't believe with that conclusion. I'm finally living the life I wanted, living it to the fullest. And then suddenly this happened. One year is a long time, a lot can happen in just a year. And I know I can find a girl and we can just be together whenever we want to.

Maybe love is an exception to my motto in life. Because yes, I can wait for a year or maybe more if it's the person I love we're talking about. Yes, I can limit myself even though I don't have to but because I want to. Yes, this is worth it. And yes, she is definitely worth it. Because I love her. And I guess
this is love. Or maybe, true love.

No comments:

Post a Comment